Funding of up to $100,000 (plus GST) will be provided to support not-for-profit organisations and/or Local Government Authorities (Victorian) to construct a Changing Places facility.
Absolutely Everyone: State Disability Plan 2017-2020 showcases a whole of government approach to support and include people with a disability. This approach includes a commitment to Universal Design principles to make the built environment accessible for all people and abilities. Changing Places facilities are a best practice example of universal design principles.
Changing Places facilities are larger than standard accessible toilets, and have extra features and more space to meet the needs of people with a disability and their carers. Each facility has a height adjustable, adult-sized changing bench, a tracking hoist system, space for two people and a safer and cleaner environment.
The Changing Places funding round 2017 will fund up to 20 projects which meet the following criteria:
- can demonstrate identified need from people with disabilities, their families, friends and carers for a Changing Places facility in their locality and provide evidence of the extent of local support for a Changing Places facility
- can clearly demonstrate social, economic and accessibility benefits for people with a disability
- will be built according to the Changing Places design specifications as outlined in Changing Places information guide & technical standard and accredited as a Changing Place.
Who can apply
Funding is available to incorporated not-for-profit organisations and/or Local Government Authorities (Victorian) to construct a Changing Places facility.
How to apply
Complete the Changing Places Funding Round guidelines and application form 2017.
- Changing Places Funding Round guidelines and application form 2017
- Appendix 1 – Changing Places survey 2016
Applications (including any attachments) must be submitted using the Changing Places Funding Round guideline and application form 2017.
Applications must be signed, scanned and submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications
Applications will be accepted from Wednesday 14 June 2017 and need to be submitted by close of business Friday 13 October 2017.
For further information about the Changing Places funding round 2017, contact:
Bill Chamberlain by email: email@example.com
or telephone (03) 9096 8091
- Changing Places Information Guide & Technical Standard
- more about the State Disability Plan
- more about Universal Design
- more about Changing Places facilities and locations