We are excited to announce the locations of 18 new Changing Places being built in Victoria over the next 18 months, through the Andrews Labor Government’s Changing Places program.
With 91 Changing Places already in Victoria, these new facilities will see Victoria hit triple digits.
In addition to 18 new facilities, Changing Places are also excited to announce that Victorian Companion Card holders are now eligible to apply for a free Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK). This will ensure that Victorians who rely on Changing Places will now be able to ensure access.
Victorian Companion Card Holders are able to order their MLAK from the https://masterlocksmiths.com.au/mlak/ and filling out the ‘Vic Companion Card Holders’ form.
Grants valued up to $110,000 have been provided to local councils and not-for-profit community organisations to build the 18 new accessible restrooms with adult change tables, ceiling hoists and a central toilet.
With the new locations ranging from Mildura, to the Mornington Peninsula and across to Apollo Bay, these facilities will provide more places to visit for the 326,000 Victorians who rely on Changing Places.
Minister for Disability, Ageing and Carers Anthony Carbines, echoes this sentiment, highlighting the role Changing Places play in cementing Victoria’s reputation as the nation’s most accessible state.
“These new Changing Places will open up even more of Victoria, allowing people with disability to enjoy the best our state has to offer,
“Changing Places make a real difference in people’s lives by removing barriers to getting out and about – whether close to home or at major tourist sites,” says the Minister.
The grants are funded through a $2.5 million investment to expand the Changing Places network, building on $3.5 million previously invested to build 33 facilities at locations including the MCG, Melbourne Zoo and Hamer Hall.
Successful Changing Places project grant applicants:
- Bancoora Surf Life Saving Club Changing Places
- Warragul Leisure Centre Changing Places
- Half Moon Bay Changing Places
- Canterbury Community Precinct Changing Places
- Kew Recreation Centre Changing Places
- Brimbank Aquatic and Wellness Centre (BAWC) – Changing Places
- Carnegie Memorial Swimming Pool – Changing Places
- Apollo Bay Camping Uplift – Changing Places
- Elmore Toilet Redevelopment Changing Places
- Rippleside Inclusive Playspace Changing Places
- Indigo Shire Changing Places
- Apex Park Moe – All Abilities Play Space
- Kensington Community Recreation Centre Redevelopment Changing Places
- Caroline Springs Leisure Centre Changing Places
- Life Changing Places – Mildura
- Ascot Vale Leisure Centre Changing Places
- Flinders Community Hub Changing Places
- Point Leo Main Beach Changing Places
To see existing Changing Places locations, visit changingplaces.org.au/find-a-toilet.